Friday, August 7, 2009

38 weeks tomorrow! Still no signs of anything definite or real going on. The Braxton Hicks are coming more frequently - probably 8 or 9 times a day, but nothing steady. As of my appointment on Wednesday her head hadn't dropped down any. Boo! However, no protein in my urine this time, and my blood pressure is still good. Not as low as it used to be, but still hovering below the line where it's considered to be high. So that's good at least. Next week Dr. Knox will do a check to see if I'm dilated or effaced any. I've been praying like mad that I will be because I just do NOT want to go over. It has been a long 38 weeks, and I am ready to meet my baby girl.

I would guess that today she flipped around so that she was positioned with her face out, because I can't feel her hard little butt under my ribs when I poke around. Found a lump that I think was a hand near my belly button, and when I started to mess with it a little, she moved it. I was looking at my stomach at the time, and you could see this little lump travel a couple inches across my stomach. It's just so crazy looking!

On my list of things to get done this weekend: finish packing my bag for the hospital and buy a diaper bag. My bag is about half packed, I just need to add in my coming home outfit, toothbrush, and a couple other things of the sort. The problem is that I have so few maternity tops and bottoms that I just don't want to have to retire any of them by packing them in my bag.

Luke and Zane are going to the lake one last time tomorrow afternoon, and camping there overnight. Don't take that as a sign that you should go ahead and show up, okay Baby Girl? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment