Saturday, December 20, 2008

Differences I'm noticing

Changes I've noticed so far:

-Chocolate and sweets are not really appealing to me anymore. I love chocolate. Looooooove. And all week long, if I've eaten very much I start feeling really queasy. I've already had a little talk with the little one about how this is not going to work, because Mommy is not going to go without sweets for the next 8 months. Meat also seems gross to me.

-Salad is my favorite thing EVAR! Which is also weird, because I'm not a veggie person. I don't eat salad. And all of a sudden I have salad fixings and I'm eating it every day. I guess at least this baby likes healthy food.....

-Yesterday everything made me cry or want to cry. Everything. A good friend at work gave me an ornament that has a cross on it that says, "Everything is possible with faith." (She got it for me specifically because of my pregnancy. Right now she's one of four people that know outside of Luke and I.) So when I got home and showed it to Luke I started getting all choked up and teary eyed. And then I was talking with him about another friend at work whose baby had open heart surgery last week and I started getting all weepy again. I think if this continues Luke will be counting down the days just to have the hormonal thing done. :)

-I've lost two pounds. I assume it's the lack of sweets and addition of salad. And I'm trying to eat healthy. Not dieting certainly. But just avoiding as much fast food as I was eating and making better food choices will make a difference on the scale. I can honestly say that I am not a very healthy eater. It's a lot easier to be motivated when I have a really good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment